Action Strength is a functional fitness and attribute development program modeled after Bruce Lee’s methods and is currently being practiced by the United States Secret Service, Navy Seals, FBI, CIA, DEA, DOD, US Air Marshalls, SWAT, competitive athletes and martial artists of all disciplines. This program has also been used by our very own Laguna Beach High School athletics department!
CLASS SCHEDULE: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00 - 6:45am and 8:00 - 8:45pm
There are four primary principles that make up Action Strength:
- Body weight movement in all planes of motion (bodyweight exercises)
- Movement of external linear force (kettlebell exercises)
- Movement of external elliptical force (Gada & Indian Mace exercises)
- Application of the mind-body connection (Tai-Chi exercises)
There are many benefits to the Action Strength program, some of which include:
- Simultaneously maximize power, strength, endurance and stamina levels
- Develop and/or enhance balance, mobility and agility
- Improve muscular and structural balance, reducing the risk of injury, and helping to alleviate pain associated with misalignment
- Most routines are only 45 minutes and minimal space or equipment is required
- Hyper muscular disorientation guarantees continued improvement & growth
- Action Strength is fun and completely different from any other workout
“I know Action Strength played a huge roll in me starting for USC four years in a row as well as making the U.S. National Volleyball Team.”
Luke Morris, LBHS class of 2005 //// USC starting Libero 2006-2009 //// U.S. Men’s National Volleyball Team 2010
Smash the barriers keeping you from achieving your fitness goals… feel great, look great and develop functional strength, power, movement and the harmony of your mind and body!
Cho's Academy is excited to offer Action Strength classes led by Brian Olson. Brian is a Laguna Beach native and one of only a few "Full Instructor" coaches in the United States. He is also a certified strength and conditioning trainer who has spent his entire adult life dedicated to health and fitness. Brian has a long list of accomplishments, which includes coaching at Laguna Beach High School from 2005-2012. During his tenure as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, the boys Volleyball team won the high school state championship three years in a row with zero major injuries. Brian has trained hundreds of Laguna’s finest and most accomplished athletes to collegiate and even professional levels. Additionally, Brian is a Jeet Kune Do instructor and trains both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Tae Kwon Do with us. Read his full bio here (coming soon).
“Brian Olson is a world, class fitness instructor and strength coach. His knowledge of functional fitness and attribute development is constantly growing. The Action Strength program he teaches is at the cutting edge of sports science and performance enhancement. In addition to teaching a fantastic curriculum Brian is a tremendous motivator. He always finds a way to push his clients in a positive and encouraging manner. If you are ever in the Orange County area I strongly suggest you go receive the gift of strength and health Brian so happily shares with all of us.”
Jim Hooper, Former AVP Pro Volleyball Player //// Owner & Operator of Balboa Fitness Newport Beach