At Cho's Academy most yoga classes are donation-based, meaning you may participate by donating any monetary amount that you can afford and believe to be a fair exchange. Donation proceeds are split equally with the teachers, academy and a variety of charitable causes.
With the help of your generous support, a third of all donations have supported these and other worthy causes:
- O.U.R., a 501c dedicated to fighting child trafficking and slavery
- Red Cross relief efforts for victims of the Nepal earthquake
- Unicef relief efforts for victims of the Nepal earthquake
- Unicef (international relief fund for children in need)
- Semper Fi Fund (wounded veterans)
- Flint (Michigan, U.S.) Water Fund & Flint WaterWorks Fund
- Recon & Sniper Foundation (wounded vets)
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (Cancer Unit)
- The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Dobies and Little Paws Animal Rescue
- Hurricane Harvey Relief
- DirectRelief (Relief Efforts for the 9/8/17 Mexico Earthquake)
- Local members of our community in need
- To be enthusiastically continued!
||| Join us for a yoga class, look and feel great... all while supporting these great causes! |||
How do we decide who to support? We are often guided by the needs of our time but we also involve local kids. In 2013 the Cho's Academy Youth Outreach Initiative was launched. The initiative was designed to educate local kids about our responsibility to give back, the various means in which we can make positive contributions, and to give them the experience of independently organizing efforts and taking action in support of worthy causes.
In 2013 the team raised 4k for the Red Cross, which coincidentally timed well to help those in the Philippines devastated by Typhoon Haiyan. In 2014 the team raised nearly 3k in support of Operation Underground Railroad, an organization dedicated to fighting and ending child trafficking and slavery. Each year this team of local kids raises money for charity, and proceeds from our donation-based yoga program often supports the same cause(s)!
Keep checking back to find out what we do to help those in need... none of which is possible without you!
We are grateful to be in service, sharing this powerful practice, helping to guide and share peace one breath at a time. We encourage you to practice and look forward to sharing ours with you.
We’re building a genuine community for those wanting to practice, teach, grow, contribute, love and inspire. Please spread the word!